Tevet – 10th month of the Hebrew Year
This is the prayer (or blessing) guide for Tevet, the tenth month of the Hebrew year. It has 29 days. Be blessed as you read, pray through, and declare these blessings for yourself and your family. (The material comes from my 2006 notes taken from a series of lectures [on CD] given by Chuck Pierce [Glory of Zion]. I highly recommend his website for more materials and more in-depth explanations. –Ron Sawka)
2012 Tevet: Dec 27, 2011–Jan 24, 2012.
1.The month of the tribe of Dan. Genesis 49:16–18 states, “Dan shall judge his people as one of the tribes of Israel. Dan shall be a serpent by the way, a viper by the path, that bites the horse’s heels so that its rider shall fall backward. I have waited for your salvation, O LORD!” Note these three things:
■The Lord wants us to grow and mature, so we can lead (judge).
■We can engage in warfare and cause the enemy to fall backwards.
■We will be able to see God’s promises fulfilled as we wait confidently in the Lord.
2. Samson came from the tribe of Dan (Judges 13–16). Samson did not mature. His two major flaws were as follows: he was unwilling to deny his flesh; and he didn’t take his calling seriously. He didn’t reach his full potential, and failed mightily. But, his life ended in repentance, and thus in victory.
3. Hanukah ends. (Hanukah celebrates the “light” not going out). Also, in the midst of destruction there is mercy. No matter what the problem may be, God a has way to impart mercy to build for the future (which is what happened to Samson).
4. It’s a time to war with the enemy and break the power of his trying to watch us (the evil eye) and manipulate us. We can join with the angels and push ahead. Note how Elisha prayed for his servant’s eyes to be opened; then he prayed for the enemy to be blinded. Trouble was turned into victory (2 Kings 6:17–18). Let’s be aware that the Lord and His angels are watching.
5. Pray that the spirit of wisdom and revelation would rest on our leaders (and us) See Ephesians 1:17. This is a time for receiving strategies.
6. Review your education or what you need for your next phase. Get the training necessary for your next step.
7. Be sure to grow emotionally and in your understanding of anger. Ephesians 4:26 exhorts us not to sin in our anger. Anger is sudden and allows demons to operate. Ask the Lord to help you with anger, so you can process it correctly, and pass the tests when they come. Take time that is given to you and pour the word of God into yourself to be built up.
8. It’s time to leap like a goat (Tevet is linked to the constellation Capricorn). Maturity does not have to be a long, slow process. We can make decisions and leap to a new level of maturity. Isaiah 35:6 states, “The lame shall leap like a deer.” Psalm 18:33 reads, “He makes my feet like the feet of deer, and sets me on my high places.” Sharing testimonies (of what the Lord did for you) will cause you to leap to a higher level.
9. The month of the Hebrew letter AYIN (it resembles the lettter “Y,” refers to eyesight, and signifies letting your good eye see). This is the opposite of number 4 above regarding the the evil eye of the enemy. Ask the Lord for the “the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him” (Eph. 1:17).
10. The month of the liver. Let’s ask for healing for any liver problems. The liver is important because it purifies; it’s linked to sexual things as well. When the liver is purified, the brain and heart also function properly. Referring to the young man and the prostitute, Proverbs 7:23 says his indiscretion is like an arrow striking his liver. Sexual sin will affect your liver.
11. A month to fast. Either a full, or a Daniel fast.